Thursday 24 February 2011

Leaders and Enders and surprises from the Postman

Hello
A busy week with family stuff has left me not a lot of time to be creative.
For a while now I've been organising my scraps into various shapes and sizes with the idea of using Bonnie Hunters scrap users system. I've been feeding them through my machine and couldn't resist making up a few blocks.

Eventually it will be a riot of colour.

The postman has brought me 2 lovely surprises. The first to arrive was this beautiful mermaid doll - made by my friend Shelley in Australia. Isn't the detail fantastic?





Take my word for it - this hand crafted doll is exquisite. If you would like to see more of Shelley's work then check out her blog - you can get the link from my bloglist on the right. Shelley's is Wickedly Divine Creations. She really is a talented needle woman and I feel priveliged to be the proud owner one of her dollies.

Second surprise which came in the post was this stash of stunning batiks from my friend Miriam and her daughter Susan. They live in Virginia, USA.
I am itching to start something with these!!!!!!! Watch this space!




This weekend I am hoping to get to the Quilt Show in Edinburgh so next post I will have lots of photos of beautiful quilts to show you. mmmmmm....
Til then, happy sewing everyone.
Rhianon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...