Sunday 30 September 2012

Oranges and Lemons -Finished!

This week I finished the Oranges and Lemons quilt and I'm very happy with how it turned out.


This quilt is all about the tecture the quilting provides rather than the piecing. 

In the border I quilted  continuous flowing feathers.  I'm  pleased with how they turned out.

Friday I got the binding attached and yesterday was a perfect day for washing it.  Sunny and windy!


Tomorrow, I will be sending this quilt off to it's new owner.  I hope she loves it as much as I do.


Also this week I finished a birthday present for a friend, which I will show you soon and I started putting together my QAYG project.  I wasn't enjoying it much at first but it is going ok so far - I still have to attch 2 borders and quilt them.  i think that could be tricky.
Have a great week.
See you next time.
Rhianon.

10 comments:

Larissa said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous Rhianon!!! Wish I could get you to make me one! Have I told you yet that you are incredibly talented???

Debbie said...

Such a gorgeous quilt with all those feathers you do. Awesome job on this one!

Linda and Michelle said...

Absolutely and positively amazing! LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Nancy Page said...

Stunning! Absolutely stunning! The quilting is Amazing!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Mary @ Mary Manson Quilts said...

Beautiful! Did you use trapunto or something? Or is it just the quilting that gives it the dimension?

Lynette said...

Rhianon, this is beautiful!!! There is no way she will not absolutely love it. I'm really impressed with all your feathers. Love the rounding on the 9-patch lemons, too.

Lynette said...

Oh - and I wanted to ask how you got all that dimension - did you use wool batting?

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Thanks. Lyn. I used a 4oz polyester wadding. It was nice and thick which was what I wanted to make the feathers plump :)

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Grayson Nelson said...

The quilting is just stunning! I still haven't mastered feathers. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...