Saturday 1 December 2012

Quilted Shop Sign and some Bunting.


I had a request this week from my eldest daughter Natalya  ( she's nearly 15) to make a sign for her.
I should explain that she has her own business making clay charms and jewellery.  You can see her work here  and she would be beyond thrilled if you went and liked her Facebook page.

She wanted the sign to hang off her table when she does the local craft fairs.  This is what I came up with :


I used bondaweb to make the lettering for her name then free motion quilted the other lettering and the flowers.

As it is not intended to be washed, I used Carron D'ache pencils to colour the flowers and I should mention that I only had a couple of days to make this.  It is needed for today!

To give it some sparkle, I aded a sequin and a bead to the center of each flower.


This is the bunting I made, although I did this last week.  I've never made bunting before but it was easy and fun. 



I'm going with Natalya this morning to help her set up - she is very pleased with her new sign and bunting and I enjoyed making it for her! 
Probably won't get much time for sewing this weekend as we are putting up the Christmas tree but I am working on a commissioned lap quilt which I'll show you all next time.  My aim is to get it finished for the end of the week.  Oh and at quilt group on monday, we are making ring pin cushions - can't wait!
Enjoy your weekend.
Rhianon.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Very, very cool sign quilt. :D

Anonymous said...

I just love your work. I found an online store in SA that sells Caran D'ache pensils. Which one did you use one this article for your daughter?

Anonymous said...

I just love your work. I found an online store in SA that sells Caran D'ache pensils. Which one did you use one this article for your daughter?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...