Sunday 17 March 2013

Tortoise Cushion


I have another finish to show you today - the second custom ordered cushion.

                                                     This time I went with a tortoise theme.

After I'd found this cute nursery Noah's Ark fabric, I decided to recreate the tortoise -this is my drawing.

I used my favourite method of applique - bondaweb followed by machine stitching.......
.........added the lettering and a couple of borders and it was ready to quilt.



After quilting, I thought the center block looked a little bare so I added some flowers.


The flowers were ready made, crocheted in cotton and I embroidered the stems with stranded cottons.

Here it is with the ruffle sewn down and just awaiting it's soft fleece backing.


Finished!




Hope you have all had a great weekend celebrating International Quilting Day.
Be back soon with more quilty stuff!
Rhianon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...