I had a good week, ploughing on with lots of quilting.
Last post about the quilting on the Grandmothers fan quilt, I had got to the pale green border and had started adding some flowers.
I am using a Gutermann sulky varigated thread for the flowers and just a matching machine quilting thread ( from Empress Mills) for the background pebbling.
Apologies for the flurry of photos in this post. I'm really pleased with how this quilt has turned out. When I was piecing it, I had planned to put appliqued hummingbirds in the border but they didn't look right.
Without them I thought the quilt was a bit plain and lacking something but I'm so happy the quilting has brought it to life and I have an unexpected bonus in the form of my hummingbird wall hanging - another unplanned project that just happened. The embroidery is finished on that, it is off the roller frame and today I will be making a pieced border for it.
Also yesterday, I got DH to put my machine back on the Gracie frame so I spent last night 'playing'.
I'll show you some of that in a future post.
Happy stitching til next time