Friday 24 January 2014

Frame Quilting - Floral Hearts Quilt

Hi there

Its been a while since I last posted but I have been getting things done.
I finished my floral hearts quilt. I couldn't wait to get it off the frame to see it and I am pleased with the result.



I still have heaps to learn about quilting on the frame.






                                                I finished it off with some dark blue binding.


I've also been working on an embroidered butterfly wall hanging which just needs bound so I'll show you that next time.
On Thursday, I started a quilt that has been on my to-do list for a while - the lone star.  I avoided it because of the dreaded Y seams but really they are not so bad.  More to come on that one.
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.
Rhianon.

13 comments:

NonnaD said...

So beautiful! Are you using rulers to keep your lines straight? I have so much wobble still....I lack the control still. I want to get a handle on my own control before I use the ProStitcher computer....feels like I'll be cheating! Lol

Diane-crewe said...

you should be PLEASED it is beautiful x

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Rhianon...you should be teaching; nothing left to learn dear. It is stunning.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Rhianon...you should be teaching; nothing left to learn dear. It is stunning.

Debbie said...

Fabulous stitching. You created that third layer of design with the quilting. Love it!

paradisequilter said...

Your quilting is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing it! The quilt is beautiful!

paradisequilter said...

Your quilting is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing it! The quilt is beautiful!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

A total gorgeousness if I might say so! The quilting is so creative and brings out the pattern in the blocks. You can actually see the "piecing" in the back with the quilting textures!

Marly said...

Your quilt is stunningly beautiful. You are in a league of your own.

Michele said...

Just lovely. I love the combination of colors in this one.

Doreen said...

Oh my!!! The quilting....texture is "out of this world"!!! I really can't say which block(s) is my favorite! A gorgeous finish!!!!!! Hugs.........

liniecat said...

Stunning quilting am gobsmacked as they say over here!
Beautiful colours, piecing and quilting : )
Lyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...