Thursday 23 July 2015

Hearts and 9 patch Quilt and Cushion.


Hi
I finsihed this little set the other day.  I had already made the heart blocks ( I'm on a mission to use things up this year, scraps, orphan blocks, you name it) and made some 9 patches to go with it.


 The quilt measures 39" x 41" and i used one layer of Soft & Bright wadding.

A small stipple makes the hearts pop.  I used Bondaweb for the applique and no other padding (trapunto)



The back.......

I had one heart block left over so thought a little cushion would be cute.  It measures 18" excluding the ruffle.




This set is for sale for £90 plus P&P.  Get in touch if you are interested.

Much excitement for me this week as my new quilting machine arrived on Monday. It is the Q'nique 14+ made by the Grace company.
We have spent the week getting accquainted.  More about that in my next post.
See you then
Rhianon.

* UPDATE : This quilt has SOLD.

3 comments:

Marly said...

These are wonderful: what a great idea for using up orphan blocks, and then enhancing them with such precise quilting.

Doreen said...

In total LOVE!!!!!

Lynette said...

Rhianon, this is the sweetest set! I can't believe one layer of that batting pops up so well. Very, very nice, and I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling the set if you haven't already.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...