Sunday 19 June 2016

Scrappy Strings Baby Quilt

My mission this year to use up as many scraps as I can continues with this baby quilt.
I used scraps from previous baby quilts to make the string blocks and kept the colours fairly pastel.



Under construction.....

.....onto the frame.....


....and my favourite part, the quilting!








I decided to jazz up the quilt a little with these padded
3D flowers.
 They are very securely sewn down. For this though I used my small Janome 601 in FMQ mode.







I'm very pleased with how this little quilt turned out. Small projects are fun and quick and usually, like this one, completely unplanned. They just happen.
Love my quilting life!

See you next time, thanks for visiting.
Rhianon.









































































17 comments:

Allison said...

Beautiful work Rhiannon. You always inspire me.

Marilyn L. said...

Absolutely love your work!

AnneP said...

I love doing string blocks - and I can see a baby quilt like this in my future. Thanks for the inspiration. As usual your quilting is spectacular

Peggyinno said...

Wow! What a perfect quilt for a baby girl! Beautiful job!

Michelle said...

I love the quilting --- and those flowers!

liniecat said...

Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I can't resist your pieces!!!!! You make every quilt unique and beautiful with your little extras!!!

Corina said...

Beautiful!

JSW said...

Such a fun quilt. I love the 3-D flowers.Do you have an Instagram account for your quilting?

Roseanne said...

You have a wonderful talent! One day I will learn to free motion quilt. If I did I wouldn't have so many UFO's. Lol

Roseanne said...

You have a wonderful talent! One day I will learn to free motion quilt. If I did I wouldn't have so many UFO's. Lol

Deborah said...

Wow. Just. Wow.!!!

Unknown said...

Love the 3 dimensional look of these flowers on the quilts! Thanks for sharing these beautiful quilts!.........patty at www.welcomepillows.com

Unknown said...

I love everything about your quilt!!!

Unknown said...

I love everything about your quilt!!!

Mary said...

Your quilting is beautiful, and has inspired me to do more intricate patterns on my baby quilts. I usually add a bow or a yo-yo flower, but after seeing your lovely 3D flowers, I have to try it. What little girl wouldn't want a quilt like this to sleep under, and keep forever? If you have any instructional posts on the flowers, I would love to see them. I'm also wondering if your long arm has the computer or if you do all the quilting free hand. I don't have the computer, and am struggling to keep my patterns consistent in size and space...not an easy task!

Brenda said...

The quilting on here is beautiful and it brings this quilt to life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...