Sunday 16 October 2016

Scottish Quilt Championships 2016

Apologies for being about 2 weeks late with this post but better late than never.
The Scottish Quilt Championships was held in Edinburgh and is the main competitive show in Scotland.
I was very pleased to take home a 1st place ribbon for my little butterfly wall hanging.


                                                         Hanging in the show.

Also in the show was a quilt made by my quilt group and we took 2nd place in the group quilt category,
It is called Star Gazing.  All the ladies made a star block and some flying geese units.  We chose a black background and any batik for the stars.  I put it together and freehand quilted it on my Q'nique.
I was thrilled for the girls to win a ribbon, they were tickled pink!
Here are a few photos I managed to take:
This quilt took 1st place in the group quilts and...
this one took 3rd place.

This is my Happy Scrappy Houses, a Bonnie Hunter design,
This one was made by my friend  Louise and was her first ever entry into a quilt show. I thought it looked great hanging up.

The fabulous work of Kay Bell.
 Fantastic hand quilting by Andrea Stracke

Just look at that detail -wonderful!
Another of Andrea's beautiful quilts.

                                                        Tartan Tattoo by Linzi Upton'


Loved the detail of the quilting. Photographs do not do it justice. It was fab!
I was also thrilled to finally meet Linzi in person, We have been FB friends for a while so it was lovely to finally meet up. You can find Linzi's blog here

 I also met Freida, maker of the quilt below and she was lovely too!

A beautiful quilt by Freida Oxenham which won a 1st place ribbon for embellishment.

So unfortunately these are all the photos I managed to take but fear not, Kay Bell has done 2 great posts with lots more photos including Best of Show.
You can find Kay's posts here and here.
I had a great time at the show and am already looking forward to next's years.

Back to creating now.... see you next time.
Rhianon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG Rhianon All this work is just the best. I love the pink hand quilted piece, so perfect stitching. Well done ladies, Im in awe!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...